Updated: Aug 24, 2020
We’ve got ideas to fill the time you spend indoors. Here are some of our favourite picks for the best things to do during this lockdown period.
1. Have a Picnic Depending on your living conditions, you can choose to have a floor picnic, balcony picnic, bed picnic or garden picnic. Prepare a nice meal together, spread a blanket out on the floor and dig in. Eating your favourite food on a blanket can be a novelty if you bring the right energy. You could take it up a notch by having your favourite playlist on during the picnic. .
2. Redecorate your home A nice little project to do up your house could possibly be the ideal solution to keep your minds and hands busy. Redecorating doesn't necessarily have to be a dramatic change that would involve hiring external parties. It could be as simple as repositioning furnitures, frames and electronics in the house or dusting up that wedding present in your store and putting it to good use. The kids could also be encouraged to join in the fun.
3. Host a themed movie night* You can pick a genre that your family would enjoy, or yourself if you stay alone, plan for a whole evening of back-to-back viewing of the movies. You need to be intentional about creating a cinematic experience from the comfort of your home, switch off the lights, make some popcorn or hotdogs and let everyone settle down to an amazing movie experience.
4. Have a spa day #selfcare It is now easier than ever to recreate a relaxing spa experience in your home. Whether it is simply having a bubble bath and lighting a few candles or you could turn your mundane shower into a spa like experience by adding a few drops of essential oils into the shower. Switching off from reality and focusing on yourself is guaranteed to reset your mind. You could plan a spa evening with your spouse where you both take turns in given each other massages. Our luxury chocolate massage pamper kit is a must have, as it includes chocolate scented candles, chocolate body butter, a candle holder, incense sticks and an incense holder. All this combines to help you and your significant order create a true massage atmosphere, for couples seeking a lovely romantic evening in (if you catch our meaning).
5. Hit the gym in your living room Physical fitness is an important coping mechanism for those of us trying to keep anxiety at bay and maintain some sense of normalcy. Creating a daily workout routine during this lockdown has suddenly become a whole lot easier with online streaming services and mobile apps providing a variety of free and low cost home work out sessions for all fitness levels.
6. Get your game on Reach out for a board game and get involved with some good old fashioned family fun. If you're a solo isolator, get busy with puzzles, crosswords or video games to pass the time.
7. Get creative with your writing skills If you've always wanted to write a novel but never found the time or inspiration, this is your chance. Apparently Shakespeare wrote King Lear in isolation during the plague, so maybe this lockdown is when you'll write your opus.
8. Cook something new One good thing about being at home is that you can finally spend time exploring new recipes. Great recipes can easily be found online even with the most basic ingredients you have at home. There are a number of food bloggers on instagram that host live cooking classes and share recipes, you could check out @ifys.kitchen, @zeeliciousfoods.
9. Spice up your Love life Couples, this is as good a time as any to get sexually creative. Introduce a sense of novelty and adventure to keep things exciting like role playing, scheduling sexy date nights together. You don't have to go out to have a romantic candle light dinner, it is always the little things that count like creating a romantic atmosphere, sending flirty messages and making an effort to dress a little sexier. Remember to always keep things fresh and exciting.
10. Connect with friends virtually We use virtual meeting apps for work all the time, but why not use platforms like Zoom and Skype to hold a virtual party with your nearest and dearest. You could even get more creative and choose to watch the same shows with family while staying online at the same time, feeling their presence through your laptop or your phone.
11. Bake something Cookies, cakes, brownies. Anything! Baking is a great lesson in measuring, ingredients, and of course, making delicious goodies. There are number of bakers on instagram that are hosting free weekly live baking classes, you could check out @iluvdessertsng, @mogeemagic etc.
12. Send a care package to your loved one It can be as simple as getting them a grocery voucher online, Supermartng and spar currently offers this service, or you could order a well tailored care package from us that is sure to brighten their day.
Till next time, please stay safe, stay indoors, and let's fight this together. Best Wishes, The Gift Fairy Ng