HOW TO GIVE A THOUGHTFUL GIFT THAT WOULD WOW THE RECIPIENT
Updated: Mar 26, 2018
Giving a gift is always exciting, but it can be challenging as well. Even if you know the ins and outs of the recipient’s tastes, it can still be tough to find a gift that really gets your message across. A thoughtful gift is a relevant gift; one that reflects the recipients’ passion, loves, hobbies, and life. It is a gift that is the result of deep thought of the recipient and what would make him or her happy and NOT a gift that the gift giver would love to have, which is often the case. Gifting is so much more than just the physical exchange of items. It’s a way to communicate to the recipient of the gift. When you put some thought into it and choose a meaningful present then the gift becomes a wish for someone’s happiness.
On the flip side, a poorly-chosen gift can send a downright message.
Here are top SIX tips for mastering the art of meaningful gift-giving;
1. Give by Observing: The number one rule in gift giving is ‘Observation’. In this case ,you have to pay attention to what your friend or loved ones say their interests are. People tend to drop hints about what their likes and dislikes are, often when you least expect it! People don’t always ask for what they want or even realize that they need it but paying attention to what would make their life easier or what they need replaced, you can then pick the perfect unique gift.
2. Don’t Shop For Yourself: As you are surfing for gifts in-store or online, you are inevitably going to be tempted to shop for gifts that you would love to receive. Yeah! It happens to everyone and this instinct is completely understandable, but it is important for you to put yourself in the receiver’s shoes, rather than looking at things from your own perspective.
3. Give By The Niche Interest Or Hobby: Are they a wine lover? Giving within the niche is a great way to let them know that you notice and appreciate them. The trick here is not to overdo it. You will have to think outside the box and do something unique, now that shouldn’t be your problem because we are here to help you curate the most exclusive gift for him or her, so let us do the thinking for you.
4. The Classics Never Go Out Of Style: Depending on the occasion, a unique take on an old classic is the perfect. For example, a beautiful bouquet of flowers is universally loved and appreciated. To capture one’s heart, think about their favorite color and flower type that may even bring back a fond memory for that individual. Add a love note to your bouquet and you will have them beaming ear-to-ear!
5. A Sentimental Gift Item- A photograph of the two of you together that you know the person
6. Arrange For An Experience AS A Gift: Often, giving the gift of an experience can be more impactful than giving a person an item. This could be be a couples massage, a sky diving date, or dinner at the person’s favorite restaurant.THINK OF EXPERIENCES THAT WILL EXCITE THE pwer as these will often make a lasting impression.